There’s always something going on at IACET to help continuing education and training (CE/T) providers grow their capabilities. Through intensive in-person workshops cross the country and convenient online webinars, we help current and aspiring Accredited Providers incorporate quality, credibility and excellence into their continuing education and training programs and deliver the best return on investment for their learners.
Watch a quick demo of the eLearning modules portion of the AP Workshop.
Note: You must purchase the Standard before you can register for this event! Please create an account or login to buy the Standard ($450) now.
Accredited Provider Workshops: Intensive, In-Person Learning
Across the United States, IACET’s Accredited Provider (AP) Workshops make learning about the ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training an up-close and personal experience.
The IACET Accredited Provider Workshop is the combination of three (3) 1-hour self-paced eLearning modules combined with a 6-hour hands-on workshop designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the IACET Accredited Provider application process.
The self-paced modules will guide you through the foundational concepts of the ANSI/IACET 1-2013 Standard and how to apply them to your continuing education and training operations. These modules include interactive exercises and examples to help you visualize the necessary component for submitting a successful AP application, and what to expect when feedback is requested from IACET.
The instructor-led workshop is a collaborative event where you will be able to assemble and validate your application submission evidence.
IACET Accredited Provider Workshop Outline
- House Keeping
- Objectives and Outline
- Materials Overview
- History of IACET
- E-learning Review
- How to Apply for IACET Accreditation
- Document Compliance
- Online Application Process
- Preparing to Meet the Standard - Application Matrix Overview and Documentation Types
- Documentation Overview
- Best practices for choosing a course to present for accreditation.
- Introductory Matrix Exercise (Category 2)
- IACET Standard – Documenting Compliance for Accreditation
- Category 1: Continuing Education and Training Organization
- Category 2: Responsibility and Control
- Process Development Exercise
- CEU Calculation Activity
- Category 3: Learning Environment and Support Systems
- Consideration for in class learning.
- Considerations for distance learning.
- Category 4: Learning Event Planning
- Needs Analysis Discussion, Review Model
- Category 5: Learning Outcomes
- Writing specific and measurable outcomes.
- Applying Bloom’s Taxonomy to Outcomes and Assessment Item
- Category 6: Planning and Instructional Personnel
- Category 7: Content and Instructional Methods
- Developing an acceptable course design document.
- Category 8: Assessment of Learning Outcomes
- Category 9: Awarding CEUs and Maintaining Learner Records
- Category 10: Program Evaluation
- Overview of Kirkpatrick’s Model
- Summary and Wrap Up