Posted on: May 28, 2018
IACET announces the first Petroleum and Natural Gas (PNG) Continuing Education and Training Symposium to be held on Wednesday, September 12, 2018, at the Hilton Post Oak Hotel in Houston, Texas, USA
Register NOW as space is limited | View a Tentative Schedule
The symposium is designed to promote high-quality continuing education and training standards for one of the most important and dangerous industries in the world. Those attending the symposium will:
- Identify the reasons for maintaining high CE/T standards.
- Hear from industry leaders about strategies they have used to raise standards and control costs.
- Learn how to establish a return on investment from the world's leading expert on training ROI.
- Learn to deploy research-backed learning strategies for engineers and field workers.
- Learn how the Petroleum and Natural Gas Addendum to the ANSI/IACET 1-2018 Standard for Continuing Education and Training strengthens quality and addresses other industry requirements.
- Develop new strategies for raising the bar with existing resources.
Why attend the 2018 Petroleum and Natural Gas (PNG) CE/T Symposium?
Consider the need for higher education, training and competency standards in PNG:
- Lack of quality training is the #1 cause for non-productive time (NPT) - billions of dollars of loss per year. Service companies must comply with a mandatory requirement for SEMS (30CFR, 250); API Spec Q1, and API Spec Q2, among others.
- Lack of quality training is the #2 cause for all incident investigations for upstream services.
- Lack of quality training is the #1 concern as the industry recovers. 2014 to Present - industry has experienced a 300,000 reduction in its workforce.
- Improving training ranks among the top two opportunities for improving efficiencies and reducing costs.
- Training is mandated by operators internationally.
Source: IACET Petroleum and Natural Gas Advisory Board
IACET PNG Symposium will help small, medium and large organizations align with high standards that will keep their organizations and people safe and productive. In addition, the symposium planners are working to ensure the day is interactive and engaging. There will be value to being onsite for this exciting first event.
Register NOW as space is limited. Early bird registration rates and discounts for multiple attendees per company are available.
Tell your network about this Announcement