IACET conducts various instructor-led, virtual, and online training classes in support of its mission. Through these learning events, IACET helps current and aspiring Accredited Providers incorporate quality, credibility and excellence into their continuing education and training programs.
Across the globe, IACET’s Accreditation Workshops make learning about the ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training an up-close and personal experience. Participants now have ability to attend this workshop virtually through our new virtual learning environments. A webcam with on your computer equipped with a microphone and speakers/headset are required for remote attendees since these workshops are highly interactive.
Note: You must purchase the Standard before you can register for this event! Please create an account or login to buy the Standard ($495) now.
The instructor-led workshop is a collaborative event where you will be able to assemble and validate your application submission evidence.
Upon completion of the workshop you will receive a digital badge, as shown on the right, to proudly display as a testament to the work you did during the Accreditation Workshop.
Which event is right for me?
IACET offers several options of the Accreditation Workshop with different learning outcomes. You can choose the best options for your organization.
- If you need an introduction to what it takes to become an Accredited Provider and/or want to learn more about IACET, register for our monthly, free learning event: One-Hour Application Assistance Webinar.
- If you have a sound background in instructional design and adult learning but need information on how to successfully complete the initial application and an overview of the accreditation process register for this fast-paced learning event: One-Day Introduction to IACET Accreditation Workshop.
- If you are already familiar with IACET, accreditation, instructional design, and adult learning principles, but you need an in-depth focus on the reaccreditation process, register for this learning event: Half-Day Reaccreditation Readiness Workshop. There will be a discussion on annual reporting, and reviews of the Standard and the application for reaccreditation.
- If you want an in-depth focus on adult learning and instructional design only, register for this learning event: Two-Day A Practical Approach to Training Adults. (Please be advised that the 2018 Standard and application are not covered. The content, however, does align with the Standard’s language and concepts.) Great workshop for an Accredited Provider’s facilitators, instructors, and trainers.
- If you need an in-depth focus on the design document and writing policies and processes only, register for this learning event: One-Day Documentation, Evidence, and Annual Reporting Workshop. (Please be advised that the Standard is not covered in detail, but categories are referenced and used in the activities. It is highly recommended that participants take at least the One-Day Accreditation Workshop first to become familiar with the Standard’s categories and elements).
Live In-Person attendance includes printed copies of the following materials:
- Participant’s Guide (including)
- Application for Accreditation
- All Resource Materials
- Portfolio Documents
- Application Matrices
- Design Document Analysis
Virtual attendees have the option to go green by opting for digital versions of same materials. For an added cost we can ship materials to you when registering at least two weeks in advance.
All attendees may bring a laptop and have access to a dedicated page on the IACET Website that provides them resources and tools for accreditation. This page is accessible from your member portal:
Note: Feedback from particpants is collected via an anonymous form. Consider the following comments:
I would highly recommend this workshop to those engaging in accreditation or re-accreditation.
Very impressive workshop and interaction with the class and remote participants. Thank you IACET!
Overall, one of the best training sessions I have attended in years. My virtual experience was excellent, and I don't feel I missed out on anything from the classroom experience. Great facilitation!