June 27, 2017
1:00–2:00 pm EDT (Expired)
Log-in or Join to access archived recording
These days, anyone with a computer and off-the-shelf eLearning development tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Camtasia Studio can create, publish, and distribute eLearning. But is the published eLearning good, effective eLearning? During this micro-session, Kevin Siegel will guide you through some of the top dos and don’ts for creating the best kind of eLearning: engaging AND effective.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Learner attention spans (or the lack thereof)
- Believe it or not, attention spans for today’s online learners are mere seconds. If you spend too much time on any one slide or concept, your learners will become distracted, bored, or both… and given that Facebook and YouTube are just a click away, you need to engage your learner often. But how often? You’ll learn what the latest research tells us.
- Learner motivation
- Your learners are busy professionals. Why should they spend their valuable time taking your eLearning course? Learn some strategies to ensure your learners are motivated to take your course and understand the return on investment that you course provides.
- Ways to engage the learner
- As mentioned earlier, attention spans are very short these days. Your eLearning cannot be a simple PowerPoint click-through. To succeed today, eLearning needs to be as interactive as possible and include, as appropriate, interactive quizzes, navigation, and interactive slides that take boring “dead text” and encourage learner participation.
- Publishing formats for the widest possible audience
- Is your learner taking your eLearning course on a desktop, laptop, or mobile device? Perhaps all the above? Ensure your eLearning content is accessible no matter what kind of device your learner might be using. You’ll learn what you should not include in your course because it does not support mobile users… and you’ll learn what will work across all devices and screen sizes.