Posted on: June 9, 2020
The Nominations and Elections Committee is seeking nominations from the membership to fill vacancies on the Board of Directors. The individuals elected as Directors will commence their terms of office in September 2020 at the close of the fall Board meeting. Each of the Directors will serve a three-year term that expires in September 2023. A detailed director job description is available here. Key considerations for nominees should include years of service and past contributions to IACET, as well as the ability to lead IACET in the years to come. Board members actively participate on and chair committees and task forces, provide leadership and vision to develop and implement policy and projects, oversee the financial health of the association, and represent IACET.
How to Nominate a Candidate
Candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by another IACET member. In either case, the nominee must agree to accept the nomination, complete the Director Nomination Form and submit a resume.
Potential candidates must
- Have a desire to use his/her expertise to benefit IACET. Expertise might include leadership in continuing education and training, marketing, association management, financial management as evidenced by the candidate’s statement of his/her expertise, and how he/she plans to use that expertise to help IACET achieve its strategic plan.
- Sign a statement declaring his/her qualifications for office and willingness to:
- Attend spring and fall Board meetings, as well as other Board meetings as necessary.
- Participate on and lead IACET committees, task forces and/or advisory boards.
- Help implement the IACET vision and mission.
- Comply with IACET travel policy.
- Avoid any conflict of interest and sign IACET Conflict of Interest Policy form.
- Be a member of IACET in good standing, as evidenced by:
- IACET membership as the official representative of an Accredited Provider organization or as an IACET individual member.
- All fees paid up to date.
- No conflict of interest as evidenced by Article 6.9 of the IACET Policies and Procedures (approved 9/27/2019)
- Have held a leadership position in IACET, another organization (e.g., hospital board, community organization, work unit or committee) or group as evidenced by a list of leadership roles, dates of roles, number of members in groups, and contribution toward tangible results of the entity’s efforts. Simple membership in an organization, unit, committee, or group does not qualify.
- Have knowledge of the ANSI/IACET 2018-1 Standard for Continuing Education and Training.
The Nominations and Elections Committee will review the nominations for compliance with the IACET Policies and Procedures, check for clear and comprehensive responses to all questions, vet responses against criteria, check references and prepare a final slate of candidates. Profiles and resumes of the eligible candidates will be sent with the election ballot to the IACET membership in late July 2020.
Nominations must be received at by 9:00am ET on Monday, July 13, 2020.
Please email your application and resume to email@example.com before the deadline.
Tell your network about this Announcement