The news across higher education is about providing students with skills they need for jobs and more often professors are asked to show evidence of student learning. This webinar will focus on planning assessment to better understand what students are learning in a course. To meet this focus the following outcomes will be addressed where participants will:
• Examine the learning outcomes written for a course;
• Describe how assessments throughout the course address these learning outcomes;
• Analyze how well students have mastered the learning outcomes using these assessments;
• Discuss summative and formative assessments use in a course;
• Make a plan how formative and summative assessment along with mapping how learning outcomes are addressed can provide you the best picture of what your students are learning.
Dr. Christina L. Dryden, Associate Dean of Curriculum and Assessment at American Public University System (APUS), has taught as a part-time faculty member in the School of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math at APUS since 2010. Dr. Dryden served as a Charter Faculty member from 2005-2015 at a private, university in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania where she achieved the rank of Associate Professor, became Director of Learning Assessment, and was involved in incorporating technology and rubrics in classrooms and integrating “close the loop” into university assessment culture. She received a B.S. from Salisbury University (Maryland) and a Ph.D. from Old Dominion University (Norfolk, Virginia).
Dates Available: January 9, 2019 11:00 AM – October 3, 2019 11:59 AM
Registration fees will be refunded only if requests for cancellation/refunds are received in writing at least two weeks prior to the conference or educational offering. A 20% processing fee will be assessed. No refunds will be made within 14 days of an offering. However, substitutes may be made for another delegate to attend activities offered by the Association in lieu of the original applicant.
Register You are not signed in, so non-member pricing is being displayed. After logging-in, member pricing will be used if applicable.