Posted on: June 19, 2019
The Nominations and Elections Committee is seeking nominations from a pool of individuals that have served on the Board for at least two years during the past five years and has held a leadership position within IACET, such as chairing a task force or committee, serving on the Executive committee, or serving as an officer, to fill one Officer vacancy on the Board of Directors; specifically, the Chairman of the Board. The Board of Directors elects the Chairman, and the Chairman-elect will commence his/her term of office at the close of the fall Board meeting (2019). The Chairman will serve a two-year term that expires in September 2021. A Job Description and Expectations of the position are available for review on the Website.
How to Nominate a Chairman of the Board Candidate
Candidates may self-nominate or be nominated by another IACET member. In either case, the nominee must agree to accept the nomination and complete the Officer Nomination Form.
The candidate must:
- Have a desire to use his/her expertise for the benefit of IACET as evidenced by the candidate’s statement of his/her expertise and how he/she plans to use that expertise for IACET; specifically: leadership in continuing education and training, marketing, association management and financial management.
- Sign a statement declaring his/her qualifications for office and willingness to:
- Attend spring and fall Board meetings and any special meetings required throughout the term.
- Act as chief presiding officer of the Association and preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Attend committee and task force meetings as advisor.
- Attend all Council meetings as advisor.
- Appoint all committee chairs, ex-officio members of the Commission, Council and other workgroups.
- Help implement the IACET vision and mission through oversight of the CEO’s implementation of the policies and activities established by the Board.
- Perform other duties as may be required to promote the activities of the Association.
- Comply with IACET travel policy.
- Be a member of IACET in good standing, as evidenced by:
- IACET membership as the official representative of an Accredited Provider organization or as an individual member in IACET.
- All fees paid up-to-date.
- No conflict of interest as evidenced by Article 6.9 of the IACET Policies and Procedures – Rev 9/2018.
- Have held a leadership position in IACET or another organization (e.g., hospital board, community organization, work unit or committee) or group as evidenced by a list of leadership roles, dates of roles, number of members in group, and contribution toward tangible results of the organization’s or group’s efforts. Simple membership in an organization, unit, committee or group does not qualify.
The Nominations and Elections Committee will review the nominations for compliance with IACET Policies and Procedures, check for clear and comprehensive responses to all questions and prepare a final slate of candidates. Profiles of the eligible candidates will be sent with the election ballot to the IACET Board of Directors in July 2019.
Nominations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received at the IACET office by COB on June 28, 2019
Tell your network about this Announcement