October 26, 2017
1:00–2:00 pm EDT (Expired)
Log-in or Join to access archived recording
This webinar is designed to give educators access to the tools with which to create strong classroom management, an imperative skill which, although not typically a part of teacher preparation programs, is the most powerful and direct route to high academic achievement. As an educator who has led her students to achieve record-breaking results, at times well above the achievement of their “advanced” peers, I can attest to the power of excellent classroom management. The Gottman Institute reports that when kids have a higher EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), their academic work and relationships are both stronger and more stable. Included in this webinar is some instruction in the skill of Emotion Coaching, which is a 5-step process based on research by the country's foremost relationship expert (John Gottman) and one proven to be effective for communicating with children in such a way as to increase their Emotional Intelligence.
Objectives / Take-aways: Participants will learn how to...
- Be more aware of their impact on students
- Use emotions as teachable moments and opportunities to form valuable connections with students
- Effectively manage the emotions which can be triggered by the stress of teaching
- Manage student-student & teacher-student conflict.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills on a deeper level
- Use techniques for building a culture of trust between themselves and the learners in their classrooms.